The breath and the body are interconnected,
The breath and the emotions are interconnected,
The breath and the mind are interconnected.
- Turn your attention to your breathing and take 3 deep slow breaths. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth visualising tension leaving your body and then return to breathing normally.
- Breathe in and allow the air flow in and fill your lungs. Hold it in for a moment and then breathe out slowly. As you let the air out, feel the tension going with it.
- Focus your attention on your breathing and as you breathe out allow your shoulders to drop down and relax. In your own time as you breathe in, silently place the word slow on your in breath and as you breathe out silently place the word down on your out breath. Repeat this process for a few minutes.
- Relax your body as you breathe in and out deeply and slowly. Silently count from 1 to 5 as you breathe in and breathe out from 6 -10. Repeat till you find that your breathing is slowing down and your body is relaxing.
- Scan your body from head to toe, checking each part of your body for tension. Feel yourself letting the tension go as you breathe in and out in each part.
- Visualize yourself in a place where you feel happy and relaxed and bring those feelings into our entire body and mind.
- Listen to smoothing music for 10 minutes during lunch time.
- Go for a 10 minute walk during your lunch break. During your walk, think about all the things that make you happy. (For example: your family, your achievements, your hobbies)
- Close your eyes and bring your awareness to your heart by taking 3 deep slow breaths into your heart and the area around it. Notice any feelings and physical sensations that may arise as you do this. As you acknowledge these feelings and sensations continue to breathe and focus into your heart centre. Repeat this process for a few minutes. “This is the silence of the heart and the more we listen for it and accept it, the more we bathe ourselves in the soundless centre of our being.” Daily Om 2014
- Sit with your back upright on your chair and place your feet firmly on the ground. Then as you inhale deeply lift your arms up all the way to the top of your head. As you exhale bring your arms down back to your sides. Repeat this a few times remembering to breathe in fully and deeply into your belly, allowing your diaphragm to expand and breathe out releasing all the tension in your arms shoulders and neck.