Contact Officers are employees trained to provide other employees with information and impartial support regarding issues of discrimination, harassment and bullying. They also provide clarification about the employer’s policies and complaint procedure.
Despite the best induction programs, some staff may still be confused about their rights and responsibilities. This initial contact is to provide employees with assistance independent of supervisors and managers. It is important staff are able to be heard in a non-judgmental manner and assisted in the clarification of options.
Who would benefit?
Contact Officers or other employees trained to provide other employees with information and impartial support regarding issues of discrimination, harassment and bullying.
What you’ll learn
- How to engage and empower Contact Officers in their role
- To be aware of the relevant legislation and any changes in this area
- To understand what Contact Officers do and do not do
- To understand and articulate the Organisation’s informal and formal grievance procedures as well as external options
- To provide an educative role for the organisation
While the duration for this course can be negotiated to suit your team, the course normally runs for a half-day (four hours).
To book this course please contact: email@example.com or phone 8215 6799.
In-house dates for 2020
Contact Officer Training (4 hours)
Tuesday, 24 March CANCELLED
Tuesday, 22 September
Contact Officer Refresher Training (2 hours)
Monday, 1 June
Monday, 16 November