Debriefing is a structured voluntary discussion aimed at putting an abnormal event into perspective. It isn’t counselling; rather it offers workers clarity about the critical incident they have experienced and assists them to establish a process for recovery.
Our trained ACCESS Program debriefers can help your workers to explore and understand a range of issues including:
- The sequence of events, their causes and consequences
- Each person’s experience and reaction to the incident
- Any memories triggered by the incident
- Normal psychological reactions to critical incidents
- Methods to manage emotional responses resulting from a critical incident
If you would like to talk to our team about this crucial part of critical incident management, please don’t hesitate to contact us.