It is a condition of employment in DECD schools and services that all individuals must have attended or be registered to attend (in special circumstances) a full day, face-to-face Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) training session.
Who would benefit?
This is a requirement for teacher registration in South Australia (Teachers Registration and Standards Act 2004). It is an employment prerequisite in school and children’s services settings.
** The three-hour refresher session is now done online. Please refer to the Department for Education and Child Development website for more information.
What you’ll learn
- How to respond to concerns
- Recognising the barriers to abuse and neglect
- The standards and guidelines for professional practice
- Understanding trauma
- The definitions and indicators of abuse and neglect
- How to respond to children and young people
- The benefits and practice of information sharing
- The points of contact – making contact with the Child Abuse Report Line
This course is run as a full day (seven hour) session in-house at 45 Wakefield Street or can be provided on-site.
To book this course in-house please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8215 6799.
To book this course on-site or discuss your training needs please contact: Faye Gray email@example.com or phone 8215 6799
In-house dates for 2017
21 February 2017 FULL
10 March 2017 FULL
26 April 2017 FULL 17 May 2017 FULL
20 June 2017 FULL
19 July 2017 FULL 15 August 2017 FULL 14 September 2017 FULL 10 October 2017 FULL
20 October 2017
14 November 2017