It may be up to you to defuse serious differences between yourself and difficult or angry clients, people you work with or people who share your life – in person or over the phone. It is extremely difficult to achieve positive outcomes while emotions are high. Learn how to de-escalate yourself & these situations in this hands-on session.
Who would benefit?
People who are placed in situations where there is the potential for angry or aggressive behaviour from clients, families and people.
What you’ll learn
- An understanding of the basic principles of managing your personal response to anger and conflict in self, others and how not to escalate a situation
- An understanding of what is happening to you now and what to do about it
- How to identify and develop personal strategies to mediate angry situations
- Understanding boundaries and when to disengage
- How to discuss your policy, procedures or code of conduct, for dealing with angry or aggressive behaviours
- Understanding the defuse – debrief process
This course is normally a half-day workshop (three hours) but can be run as a longer session if you need it.
To book this course or to discuss your training needs, please contact us.