ACCESS Programs Management Assistance Programs compliment EAP by providing coaching, information and support to managers at all levels, with particular emphasis on human resource issues.
Management Assistance can take the form of organisational consulting, dispute resolution, management coaching and training & development programs. Dispute Resolution is a common part of everyday life, and can arise for reasons ranging from the simple to the complex. When it emerges in the workplace, conflict can have quite a negative impact, causing low morale, absenteeism or even stress claims.
Conflict is a common part of everyday life, and can arise for reasons ranging from the simple to the complex. When it emerges in the workplace, conflict can have quite a negative impact, causing low morale, absenteeism or even stress claims.
Skilled ACCESS Programs mediators can:
- identify the reasons for the conflict
- interview the people involved to gain an understanding of individual perceptions of the situation
- identify causes, issues and the scope of the impact in the workplace
- provide insight into the contributing factors
- facilitate discussion aimed at resolving the issues by identifying common ground
- assist the people involved to develop action plans which are mutually agreeable
- Follow up to provide support, monitor progress and recommend further intervention if necessary.
Training and Development Programs
ACCESS Programs customised training, using experiential techniques and modular action learning programs (designed in consultation with customers) ensure that the outcomes meet organisational needs.
The demands of modern workplaces on managers are ever increasing. There is pressure to achieve competitive productivity, quality and high level interpersonal skills. While formal training programs can be very useful they are sometimes lengthy and focus on issues that are not sensitive to the individual needs of managers and potential managers. Consequently managers may find themselves back at the workplace still feeling that little has changed for them.
Our individual and small group management coaching can bridge the gap between broad training programs and the reality of the work situation. Managers can develop and enhance their team leadership, interpersonal and management skills in a confidential and cost effective manner. ACCESS Programs management coaching program provides ongoing monitoring, support, and follow-up of learned skills to overcome setbacks and obstacles.